Aloha! Hawaii by Travel Consultant, Danielle Stephens
It doesn’t take long to figure out why every year roughly 8.5 million tourists choose to vacation on the breathtaking Islands of Hawaii. The six islands are home to treasures unlike any other on earth. From the magical underwater world of Maui that is home to hundreds of migrating Humpback Whales, to the world’s most active volcano at Hawaiian Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island. You’ll find the itineraries on Hawaii are endless and you can attempt to do it all or simply sit back and enjoy the beauty.
The islands are getting rave reviews from traveler experts worldwide. Maui was ranked as the top island in the world for the 19th consecutive year, according to the 2012 Conde Nast Traveler readers’ poll. Additionally, it is the top Pacific island for the 20th consecutive year. For the second consecutive year and third year out of the past five, Kauai has earned the distinction of being named Hawaii’s Best Island in the 2010 World’s Best Awards announced by Travel + Leisure.
Top Reasons to Choose Hawaii for your Next Vacation:
1) Great flights from Boise!
2) The islands have breathtaking scenery and the perfect climate with temperatures staying steady from 80-85 degrees Fahrenheit. The average water temperature ranges from 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Unlike the majority of other island paradises around the world, Hawaii uses the U.S. Dollar, it’s safe to drink the water, rent/drive a car, and walk around the streets at night.
4) Hawaii has something to offer travelers of all interests, ages, and budgets. It is one of the best places for family destinations.
5) There is an endless list of outdoor adventures you can partake in, including: snorkeling, scuba diving, paddle boarding, surfing. kayaking, hiking, zip-lining, deep sea fishing, mountain bike riding, helicopter tours, and much more.
6) There are accommodations to suit everyone’s taste. The islands offer some of the world’s most luxurious resorts and spas, or you can choose to get back to nature with a picturesque beach rental, tree house, or campsite retreat.
7) Hawaii’s diverse cultures unfold in a beautiful montage of customs and arts, from music, to dance, to food. What is better than leis , hula dancing, and pig roasts?
8) Lava Flow drinks, fresh seafood, and world class shopping!
I have had the chance to visit the magical islands of Maui, Kauai, and Oahu several times in the last decade including most recently in June for my wedding and honeymoon. There truly is nothing that compares to these islands and they will forever hold a special place in my heart.
Danielle Stephens, Leisure Travel Consultant
Harmon Travel Service