Going places? Travel immunizations and oral medications are available at your Albertsons Pharmacy at select locations. Up to 70% of travelers report some sort of health problem during or after their trip, especially those traveling to tropical locations. The best way to avoid health problems overseas is to get your immunizations before you leave. And one of the most convenient ways to get them is at your participating Albertsons pharmacy. Before you travel, make sure to stop at the participating Albertsons Pharmacy where you can receive all required and recommended immunizations and fill your oral prescription medications. Plus they’ll give you a coupon for 10% off your next grocery purchase when you get your vaccination at their pharmacy.
They offer vaccinations for:
- Yellow Fever
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Typhoid Fever
- Hepatits A & B
Top 10 Travel Health Tips
1. Before you leave, get advice from a Travel Health Professional.
2. Let your body adjust once you arrive.
3. Protect yourself from mosquito-borne illnesses.
4. Never go barefoot…even on the beach.
5. Make sure your water is purified.
6. Consume only well-cooked food.
7. Wash and peel all fruits and veggies.
8. Prefill any prescriptions as they may not be available at your destination.
9. Don’t swim in rivers, lakes and streams.
10. Choose means of transportation carefully.
Visit the CDC travel medicine website at http://www.cdc.gov/travel for more information on travel and health.
All immunizations necessary for overseas travel are available at your Albertsons Travel Health Pharmacy, such as: Yellow Fever; Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis; Hepatitis A; Hepatitis B; Flu*; Rabies; Japanese Encephalitis; Meningococcal; Measles, Mumps and Rubella; Varicella; Typhoid Fever; and Polio.